Today is my last post until the New Year. I am taking some time off and time away from the computer. I will return on January 2, 2019, with all new posts that I pray you will find helpful and encouraging. Until then I want to give you a roundup of a few things that you might like.
1. I have not directly posted anything this year about Christmas. The one article I thought about posting could be called “Our Year without a Tree.” This year the schedule has been pretty full with my wife’s job, the boy’s sports, family time and Church so we decided to not put a single Christmas decoration. The gifts are stacked neatly in the corner until Christmas day, and that will be all the time we spend on it. I am not anti-Christmas, but I am anti-busyness. That led us to decide that this year we would focus on Jesus, each other and not all the frills of holiday decorations.
2. If you live near Adrian Missouri, this year our Church has our only Christmas programs on Sunday morning December 23 at 9:00 and 10:30 am. The children will be performing three songs, the congregation will be singing and so will the worship band. I am preaching on the idea that “we have heard it all before” and we will end with candle lighting. If you live nearby, we would love to have you join us, but please consider coming to our 10:30 am program.
3. NO. We do not have anything on Christmas Eve. If you would like to attend a program that night, there are numerous ones in our area being hosted by other Churches. We encourage you to visit any one of them if you feel the need to attend.
4. Here are some articles to read over the next week –
HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES HAVE BECOME “ALL OR NOTHING” AND IT’S UNACCEPTABLE – I have been saying this the last couple because of its effect on the Church. This is not written from a Christian perspective but reaches the same conclusion.
The Real Power of the Most Misunderstood Viral Verse I shared this on Facebook, but if you have not read it, it is a good article.
5. Finally – Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Everyone. Thanks so much for reading. 2018 saw my most visitors to this blog and the highest number of posts viewed. This thing has grown every year since its inception. Thanks for reading and may God bless you this holiday season.