I usually do not type in a recap of my sermons, but yesterday generated some good discussion so I thought I would give the highlights from my sermon “Make Wise Choices.” [It is important to know that I usually preach from one piece of scripture but yesterday I was far more topical.]
I stated there are 5 huge questions I ask of every major decision in life:
1. Does the Bible address this situation?
– Deuteronomy 10:12-13
2. Have I prayed about this situation
– James 1:5
3. What is the wise thing for me to do in this situation?
– Ephesians 5:15
4. What do mature Christian people suggest I do in this situation
– Proverbs 15:22; 12:15; 19:20
5. Can you live with the consequences of this decision?
– Proverbs 22:3
The chances are if you are a Christian that most of these questions we ask all the time. There is also a great possibility that we neglect one of these questions and it affects our decisions for the worse. My prayer is that these are a simple grid people will use to help themselves make great and Godly decisions.