I believe one of the things we should do in ministry is stop and celebrate what God is doing. That is what I want to do today.
Last week we held our Vacation Bible School at Adrian Christian Church and I believe it was a huge success. In fact, it was the biggest VBS I have ever been a part of in my ministry.
I do not have the exact numbers yet, but here is what I have been told:
– Our largest night had over 150 children.
– Altogether we have over 175 different children through the doors
– The class I helped with had over 20 Jr. High students come to help serve our community every night.
– We had dozens of adult volunteers in every area.
– We had dozens of teenagers volunteer to help
– Yesterday at Church was packed as we had almost every seat full in the auditorium, people were standing in the lobby and a few were in the kitchen overflow with me.
– It was great to see the children perform their songs and see their enthusiasm during our worship time.
I could probably go on and on about how great last week was for our Church. God used our Church to touch the lives of our community. This week I want to thank God for all He is doing, thank the volunteers for all their hard work and thank the children (and their parents) for participating.
Faith is alive and well in our community and especially our Church. Thanks be to God.