You don’t have to wait for the Church to start a ministry for you to do ministry. I just started a short list of ministry possibilities.
– You can invite people into your home and fellowship.
– You can unofficially adopt a family or a child in the Church and treat them as special.
– You can unofficially adopt a grandparent and spend time visiting with them regularly.
– You can start a community service project.
– You can ask a couple of friends to get together and discuss Christian issues.
– You can develop an online book club with believers through Facebook.
– You can start a Bible study with a group of teenagers.
– You can get a small group of senior adults together for board games and fun.
– You can plan a trip with other believers on an educational trip or just a fun adventure.
– You can open up your home to teenagers who need to know the gospel.
– You can organize a community project to help the food pantry.
– You can help someone with your giftedness – no matter what it is. (Things like fixing a car, helping with a house repair, etc.)
– You can begin a tutoring program one evening a week.
– You can use what God has given you for His glory.
The possibilities are unlimited. Just see a need and fill it. Don’t wait for an invitation. Don’t wait for the Church to formally plan a program. Just do what God is laying on your heart. The choice to act is yours, because you are the Church.