I recently ran across a list of “Top Signs you Attend a Country Church.” As I was reading it, I thought that it could simply be modified to apply to Churches in Alaska. So here is my updated version of “Top Ten Signs You Attend Church in Alaska”
10. There is a time of praise for gas prices dropping below $3.50 a gallon
9. The restroom is outside
8. You often hear Texas referred to as “that Little State down below.”
7. Never in its entire 50-year history has one of its pastors had to buy any meat
6. People wonder if Jesus fed the 5,000 with Salmon or Halibut.
5. During the Red Salmon run the church is empty
4. You have received seafood as a gift.
3. You think, “If this is not heaven, I bet you can see heaven from there.”
2. Opening day of moose hunting season is recognized as an official church holiday.
1. The pastor wears fishing boots and no one says anything
(For the locals – What would you add to my list?)