I was sitting here thinking about what to write. My kids are home because of the snow day and I am working at my house. The power of the internet makes it possible for me to work almost anywhere. With the snow outside here in Adrian travel has been limited four times in the last two weeks and my family is getting a little cabin fever. So I thought for today I would share a few little ways me (and my family) use a snow day.
1. Internet, internet, internet. I have been reading blogs, writing blogs, catching up on all my emails and doing research on future Church stuff. I enjoy taking the time to research every idea about every possible thing.
2. Read. I have a pile of magazines that I am slowly working through. I have everything from Christian leadership magazines to hunting and fishing to the Christian Standard. I also have several books that I need to catch up on. I started one on manhood that looks to be enlightening.
3. Family Time. I really enjoy spending time with my wife and my boys. I have had the opportunity to eat with them, talk with them, and watch movies with them.
4. Paperwork. It’s tax season. I am buying a house. I have dozens of other pieces of paperwork that have been piling up. I hate it, I hate it – but it has to get done.
5. Relax. I think sometimes God allows snow days to remind us to slow down. Taking a day off every now and then is important for both your physical and spiritual health. I am thankful for everyday, especially snow days.
I am sure none of this is news to you. This is just how I am spending my snow days. Hopefully this will be the last for a while as I am ready to get back into my routine. I am sure you are too.