I need to take a few minutes today to update people on several things going on around Adrian Christian Church
1. Office Administration – At the beginning of June our office administrator, Tisha Costigan, stepped down to accept another job. The Church leadership prayed about the next move for our Church and suddenly God opened a door. Gus Arndt graduated from Ozark Christian College and moved home to temporarily help with the family farm. He offered to help the Church by filling the position of secretary along with being able to help with various ministerial duties. After more discussion and prayer we offered Gus the position of Office Administrator working for the Church. He will work four days a week for a total of 26 hours. Today is his first day.
2. Church office – The Church office will be staffed Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am till 3:30 pm. The office will be closed on Friday. Any info for the program must be to the office by Thursday afternoon, including prayer requests.
3. Children’s Minister – We are a tiny little bit closer to finding a children’s minister. We have one candidate that has made it further than any other. Our next step appears to be a formal interview. Please continue in your prayers as we search for the right person for ACC.
4. Vacation Bible School (VBS) – Our theme for the year is Cave Quest. We will be decorating on Sunday July 10 starting immediately after worship. The children will meet each night from 5:30-8:30 pm on July 11-14 (Monday-Thursday). There is a snack/light dinner provided. If you have any questions please contact me or register through the church website.
5. VBS closing program – our closing program this year will be on July 17. The children will be performing during worship. We will be having a fellowship lunch immediately after worship. The Church is providing the meat and potatoes. Bring a side dish or dessert if you can. We invite everyone to hang around and eat with us after church. (Please note – there will not be any inflatables outside this year)
6. Central Missouri Campus House – On Sunday July 24th we will have representative from the Campus House at Central Missouri here to tell us about their work. They will be presenting an update during our worship time and we hope you will join us to hear about all that God is doing on the university campus. We are trying to help them by collecting several paper products for the coming year. There is a collection tub in the entryway to the Church.
7. Christ in Youth – We have a group of over 20 teenagers heading to CIY this year on the last week of July. Please be in prayer for them while they travel and learn. The teens will return to lead our worship on Sunday July 31. Please come and show your support for our young adults.
8. Email – We have set up a new Church email. If you need to contact the office use the email address of – firstname.lastname@example.org
That is most of the info I have for now. Please continue to check out our Church website for updates and more information. www.adriancc.org